Posted on: 5 February 2016 By: TeamEuropages

Textile-Europages

Sales in the European textile and clothing industry marked an increase of 2.7% in 2015. While exports outside the EU28 increased in this sector, imports more than tripled. Here we look at the detailed figures published by Euratex, an organisation that represents the European textile and clothing industry.

+1.5% for clothing, + 0.5% for textiles. Overall, the European textile and clothing industry increased its 2015 sales by 1% according to Euratex figures, which have just been issued (concerning the first nine months of 2015). Clothing (+1.5%) fares better than textiles
(+ 0.5%). Retail sales, meanwhile, saw an increase of 2.7%. However, the figures vary from one country to another. Thus, for example, we can observe declining sales in Bulgaria and Finland, a stagnating market in Austria, Germany and the Netherlands, and an increase in all the other EU countries.

An increase of 10.2% for EU28 imports. Imports from outside the EU28 surged in 2015 with an overall increase of 10.2%, according to Euratex. The order books of the main supplier countries increased considerably: Bangladesh (+ 24%), Pakistan (+19%), China (+9%) and India (+ 9%). For their part, imports from the Mediterranean countries (Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia) increased only slightly, with some even declining. In 2015, the EU27’s top 5 supplier countries from outside the community were:

  1. China
  2. Bangladesh
  3. Turkey
  4. Indi
  5. Pakistan

An increase of 3.8% for EU28 exports. Exports outside the EU28 rose slightly less than for imports (at +3.8%). Sales progressed in particular to the United States (+21%), Hong Kong (+18%) and China (+12%). However, they declined significantly for Russia (-29%). In 2015, the EU27’s top 5 destination countries outside the community were:

  1. The United States
  2. Switzerland
  3. China
  4. Russia
  5. Hong Kong

European countries active. Within the EU, the most active countries in the textiles & clothing industry are France, Italy and Spain. According to Europages data, searches for European partners and clients from France in this industry mainly focus on Italy and Spain, especially for women’s clothing. Based on figures provided by Sistema Moda Italia (SMI – an organisation that represents Italian textiles, ready-to-wear clothing and fashion), Italian exports within the EU (44%) and outside the EU (55%) are fairly well balanced.

We recommend taking a look at Europages to find partners and/or customers in the textiles & clothing industry! Lastly, here is a list of the industry’s main international trade fairs in 2016 organised by France’s Textile Industries Union (UIT).


2 Responses to “Textiles and clothing: the European industry’s 2015 figures”

  1. Akki12

    This function are more useful for the new user if you are continue the working the same website and more user are apply the same function of the website https://setclockwindows.com/ and you are connect the new user earn the more important information are this website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.